Position: Full time
Deadline: December 8, 2023
Certificate Number: CHC431299/ Job Order: 2023-812/1 Position (On-Site)
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in childcare and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 3 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers, and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
In addition, RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Safety of the children is your Number One Priority! To better understand duties and responsibilities the bus driver must obtain and become familiar with RCMA Daily Transportation User Guide before transporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following; however, other duties may be assigned.
- To ensure the safety of the children, must be able to follow established procedures: before leaving center, loading, unloading, loading at the center, bus stop, child safety restraint systems and transporting children with wheelchairs.
- Must be able to follow procedures on defensive driving ON and OFF the road.
- Must be able to handle all types of emergencies by following established procedures on vehicle failure, bus/van accident and evacuation plan.
- Must ensure vehicle is prepared for daily transportation by knowing: What to carry on the bus, vehicle inspection requirements, and maintenance of vehicles.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
Before the first day, the individual must have:
- A good driving record and be at least 21 years of age to drive an RCMA vehicle.
- A valid Florida driver’s license.
- An annual physical examination which grants medical approval to drive.
- A valid certificate(s) of course completion for first aid training and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) procedures.
- Minimum requirements are a Class C CDL with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsement. If the bus to be driven has air breaks, then the minimum requirement is a Class B CDL.
- Documentation of passing pre-employment Florida Department of Transportation Drug/Alcohol testing requirements.
- Level 2 Background Screening as required by the Department of Children and Families.
After first day, the individual must complete:
- Transportation Training of 8 hours before transporting children.
- Transportation Refresher Training of 4 hours on an annual basis.
Prior to participating in transportation complete option 1 or option 2:
- DCF Transportation Safety Course or
- Early Learning Florida’s Precautions in Transporting Children
- Good reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Experience transporting children helpful.
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is highly encouraged.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.