Position: Part time
Deadline: November 30, 2023
Certificate Number: C05MA0109/ Job Order: 2023-777/1 Position (On-site)
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in childcare and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 3 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers, and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Performs minor maintenance on buildings and grounds with technical assistance provided by the Facilities Department.
The Area Coordinator, Center Coordinator, and/or Site Supervisor provides directed guidance in ensuring that the Individual Maintenance Plan is being completed with support from the Facility Manager. Evaluation of the job performance is completed with feedback from Center Coordinators and/or Site Supervisors and Facility Managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Building and Grounds Safety: Ensures that buildings and grounds are safe.
- Will do, at least weekly, a safety inspection of building(s) and grounds and do minor repairs to resolve safety problems. If the Area Maintenance is not qualified to do the necessary repair(s), he will report the problem to the Facilities Manager and site supervisor so that a qualified technician can be obtained to perform the necessary repairs or replacement.
- When repairs require technical support follow-up action items will be forwarded to the Facilities Manager and site supervisor.
- Emergency Lights/Exit Signs are operational and Electric Outlets are Covered
- Smoke Detector batteries will be replaced when necessary
- Playground Gate Latches will be kept in working condition at all times
- Ensure kitchen equipment is in safe operating condition (minor risk items only such as changing out fans, motors, & filters (NO PROPANE).
- Interior Building Maintenance: All requests for structural changes must be approved, in advance, by the Director of Facilities and Transportation.
- Maintain buildings by performing minor and routine maintenance such as peeling/cracking paint, plumbing leaks, or overflows.
- Replaces AC filters, light bulbs, and other related items (employee is not allowed to go on the top rail of the ladder).
- Installs items such as window shades, ventilating blinds, curtain rods, wall fans, and door locks (can replace ceiling fans depending on height, no hard wiring).
- Order supplies and return vents.
- Repair leaks and overflowing faucets, sinks, and toilets. Complete minor repairs of toilets or drains
- Notifies the Facilities Manager concerning the need for major repairs or additions to lighting, air conditioning, heating, and ventilating equipment (underground leaks, plumbing issues call a plumber).
- Exterior Building Maintenance: All requests for structural changes must be approved, in advance, by the Director of Facilities and Transportation. Ensure the exterior of buildings presents a positive image of RCMA.
- Check for Wasps/Bees
- Unclogged the sewer line when required (wearing proper equipment to maintain sanitary conditions).
- Install/replace exterior light bulbs and other related items.
- Clean Gutters as needed
- RCMA Signs Clean and Bright
- Exterior cleaning around the building including windows (if applicable)
- Grounds Maintenance: Maintains grounds so they are clean and well-groomed by ensuring that:
- Sprinklers are working
- Trees are trimmed while maintaining 2 feet on the ground at all times (the employee is not allowed to go on the top rail of the ladder).
- Shrubs are watered
- Bike Paths are Smooth (contact the company if repairs are needed).
- Mulch/Sand is 6 to 12 Inches thick
- Equipment maintenance: Ensure that equipment is accounted for and is in good working condition
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment. For example: Change lawn mower oil at least once a year.
- Orders necessary supplies and completes necessary paperwork.
- Perform daily and weekly vehicle safety checklists (if applicable).
- Report any safety deficiency to the Facilities Manager and the direct supervisor.
- Ensures that all tasks listed within IMP (Individual Maintenance Plan/e-maintenance) are completed within 1 month from the initial request. If unable to complete IMP tasks, it is the Area Maintenance and/or Site Supervisor’s responsibility to notify the Area Coordinator (if applicable) and/or Facilities Manager within a month of the request for guidance.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
EXPERIENCE: Must have sufficient experience to perform specific tasks/projects with only general guidance from the Facilities Manager assigned to the region.
OTHER: Must have a current Florida driver’s license and have a driving record acceptable to the vehicle insurance carrier. Must be at least 21 years old. Working at least one Saturday a month is expected. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and some of their sub-elements; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Bilingual preferred English/Spanish
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is highly encouraged.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.